Today, Sean got up at 5:30am and went for a walk, while Jake and I slept. He got some good pictures of the Forbidden City entrance and the Tienanmen Square Drum tower and Bell tower. After breakfast we went to the airport to catch our flight to Hangzhou.

We arrived at our hotel, the Lakeview on historic Westlake. Westlake is one of the most famous vacation spots in China. We walked around the lake tonight with several thousand of our newest friends! Jake was, as always, a hit with all of the teenage girls. Almost everywhere we go, girls approach Jake and ask to take pictures with him.

After walking around the lake, we found a place to have dinner. It turns out it was my birthday dinner, but we were very distracted and actually forgot. From a distance, I spotted tablecloths through the window and thought it would be a good choice. As we walked inside, I saw a wall of tanks filled with turtles, frogs, snakes and fish (aka dinner)! This is a birthday I will never forget! When we got back to the hotel, a little birthday cake was delivered to our room. Tomorrow I get the best present of all.

Today was the last day we are a family of five. Today is the last day that Lilah-Kate is an orphan. Today is last day of the great wait. Tomorrow starts a new life for us all.






















  

2 comments:

sommerzone said...

Okay, I've tried like a million times to comment on here from my phone and IPAD so I'm back to my desparate TAB method on the home PC. I'm so excited about Jake's rockstar status. They probably thinks he's Justin Bieber or Zac Efron. He looks so famous! I just love you guys so much today! I'm praying you wake up strong and secure. Today is going to be wonderful and astounding!

denise said...

Sooooooo exciting!!! Love reading your updates! And I love your wording of the last waiting and new life!

Post a Comment